Monday, March 14, 2005

Why do I let these things bother me?

For some reason, every once in a while, a post at Millennial Star will really annoy me. It's probably not fair, but I can't shake the feeling that some of the posters are bragging about how Orthodox Mormon they are (Neo-Phars, maybe? (pronounced NEO-FAIRS)).
I don't know why, but hearing about how little TV they let their children watch or how they don't watch TV on Sunday (I am referring to the comments on this one, not the original post) repulses me. Why do I care how they raise their kids? I don't, really, but I guess I resent the implication that they are clasping tighter to the rod than I am.

Please note: I have edited this post to protect the not so innocent. No one probably saw the original one anyway so I am not pulling a Kaimi.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I vote for the original, which I saw. No guts no glory. What, are we here to stand around and slap each other on the back? This is our own American Idol, baby. Somebody writes something stupid, who better than Ned Flanders to stick their feet to the fire.

NFlanders said...

I felt that the original was too ad hominem. I should focus on what people actually say, and not what their pattern of commenting has revealed them to be.
I write plenty of stupid things; please feel free to call me on them.

Anonymous said...

I only saw part of the original post through my RSS Feed Reader. The snippet I saw looked interesting...

NFlanders said...

Even the fictional Ned Flanders let Rod and Todd watch "My Three Sons". This guy thinks "Bob the Builder" offends the Spirit.