Monday, January 01, 2007

The Brick Testament


There's always one person in the office who is about five years behind on Internet fads. You know, the one who forwards you the recipe for Neiman Marcus cookies or a link to SaveToby.com and thinks it is the first time you've ever seen it.

So at the risk of being that guy, I give you The Brick Testament. Thousands of Bible scenes (3,048 to be exact) illustrated exclusively with Legos. Now before you start making plans to buy the book for your nieces and nephews, you should be aware that the artist's interest lies almost exclusively in the most salacious and violent Bible stories, that is to say, most of the Old Testament. Murder, rape, incest, genocide, prostitution: it's all here.

My favorites (WARNING! EXPLICIT LEGO IMAGES!): Samson and the Prostitute, The Second Circumcision, and definitely the dirtiest picture you can make out of just Legos and the Bible, Onan. Wow. I really don't know whether that is safe for work or not, but don't say I didn't warn you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Has Ned been taken over by, dare I say it... Gentile influences?

The humanity of it all.... those sweet little Lego pieces of my youth being subjected to the gross misinterpretations of the uncouth. Talk about pearls before swine!

Disgusting!!!

Welcome back Ned ol' boy. We missed ye!

Anonymous said...

I'm speechless.

Seth R.

NFlanders said...

Anon-- Thanks for the welcome back. It's good to be back.

Seth-- I tried to warn people, but it's hard. You say to yourself, "How dirty can it be, it's Legos?"

Anonymous said...

My husband has been playing a video game of Star Wars Lego characters that's been driving me absolutely crazy, but this I like!

NFlanders said...

I've heard good things about that game, Wendy, but I still don't understand how a videogame can also be Legos.

I'll wait for the Old Testament Legos for PS3. Rated M for Mature.