Monday, June 13, 2005

Father's Day gift advice needed

I am running out of time to get my dad a Father's Day gift. He lives on the other side of the country so I need to get it fairly soon.

My problem? I've tried nothing and I'm all out of ideas.

I figure, why not hit up the bloggernacle for ideas? My dad is a Millennial Star-type guy and doesn't have a lot of time to read things besides Dan Brown (and he already has all of those books). He travels a couple times a month for his job.

I need help, people. Christian over at the Spinozist suggested this classy ring. I'll put that in the maybe pile.

4 comments:

Rusty said...

Get him a swiss army keychain knife. I got my dad one a few years ago and he says it's the best gift I've ever given him. He uses it ALL THE TIME. It's something that you wouldn't think to get someone, but it's fantastic. I've got one as well.

Ann said...

In the words of the immortal Dear Abby, "Forget about what he wants. Get him a tie."

Christian Y. Cardall said...

Since I don't think my dad will read your blog, it's safe to tell you what I got him this year; unfortunately, it doesn't sound like it will help you. My dad is also an M* type, and has a couple favorite authors of church books. One of them is Robert Millet, so I got him one of Millet's recent books.

NFlanders said...

Thanks for the advice; it was much needed and appreciated. My dad is an extremely hard person to shop for since he hates having things, and would prefer to throw things away.

I think the ultimate gift for him would be a season pass to the garbage dump.